I haven’t posted a new blog this week because I’ve been diligently working on the Living Brave material for a retreat in October. The more I work on it the more I realize that living brave is something different to each woman. My angst in writing is to present the material in a way that each woman can see what God has for her—how He wants her to live brave, thus being all He made her to be and doing all He purposed for her to do.
Recently I talked with a group of women about living brave. Here are a few ways they and their friends live brave.
- Being in the moment. Not worrying about anything else.
- No longer their own worst enemy. No more negative self-talk.
- For the worn-out woman—take a deep breath. You’re okay.
- Doing the best she can and letting that be enough.
- Getting up and dressed while experiencing post-partum depression.
- No longer comparing herself to other women.
- Releasing a special needs child to go on a weekend retreat with trusted chaperones.
- Blocking out the many conflicting voices tell her how to parent. Instead this mom is pursuing God’s heart for her kids.
- Waiting for the answer from God.
The list could go on forever.
What does living brave look like for you? Not that you’re doing it today, but what do you think God is moving you towards? Let us encourage you.
Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Brenda is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ministry Leadership with a Concentration in Women’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Gene, are the parents of three young adult daughters and live near Metamora, IL.