Virtual Bible Study—Relationships 2.0
2 Timothy 1:3; 2:7
Isaiah 46:4; 64:4
2 Chronicles 16:9
- How are you experiencing this bumping into each other in regards to differing beliefs and choices in moving forward in and through this pandemic? What emotions are you feeling?
- How does the definition of grace* help you respond to others in this time?
- In “normal” times is it hard for you to say to someone, “Let’s agree to disagree” and move on? Is it any harder in this season?
- As you read 2 Timothy 1:3-4, what resonated with you regarding releasing those you love to God’s care in this season?
- When you think of how you love others, how hard is it to pray for then and then trust with God to do what is best for them?
- We want what we want. So what is it that you want now? If you have a verse that encourages and strengthens you when you need to lean hard on God, please share it. The verses listed above are many that we have talked about before. Do any of them help you release your life to God’s care?
- Consider what God has put in your heart as truth for your family in this time. Is it not from a “spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 2:7.
*Grace: From Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance (2603)—God’s graciousness is defined as “to bend or stoop in kindness to an inferior, to favor, be merciful.”
Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Brenda is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ministry Leadership with a Concentration in Women’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Gene, are the parents of three young adult daughters and live near Metamora, IL.