Virtual Bible Study Discussion Questions and Homework
Whether or not you were part of the Virtual Bible on April 1, 2020, welcome to my website! I am excited to be a part of this online community!
Below are the questions we discussed plus homework for next week. The homework is totally optional. If you want something for your personal Bible study time, it’s here for you. No pressure.
Scroll to the end of this document for the links to the class/discussion for these questions.
This Week’s Scriptures:
2 Chronicles 16:9
- Identify one fear you have in this season of the coronavirus. If you are comfortable, state it (write or speak) in as few words as possible. The purpose is not to spread fear but to see we are not alone in our fear.
- As you live your days, would you say you are hanging out in the fearful zone? Are you able to shelf it as you go about your daily routine? If not, reach out to a trusted friend, mentor, or counselor to help you.
- As you read Joshua 1:9 how are you encouraged? Can you hold on to and believe God’s promise to be with you?
- How comforting is Proverbs 21:1? Can you trust God to work through our leaders?
- Trust Him. Of the verses we’ve discussed today, which one will help you trust God in this season?
- Stay true to the mission He has given you.—As part of your homework for next week, pray about the mission God has for you in this strange and crazy times.
- On an index card or download for your phone or both—one of the verses from this week that help you trust in God and not be afraid. Of course, if you already have a verse, feel free to use it. The point is to learn to rely on God’s Word when fear creeps in our hearts.
- Reread and think on the Scriptures from this week. Which ones spoke to you?
- In what ways can you identify with Mary? In what ways would you like to be more like Mary?
Main Scripture for next week: Jeremiah 29:1-14
Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Brenda is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ministry Leadership with a Concentration in Women’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Gene, are the parents of three young adult daughters and live near Metamora, IL.