What Have I Been Doing?
I know—Lately I’ve been lax on blogging and social media in general. I’m sorry, but not really. These past couple of weeks I’ve been leaning in towards my kids. I can see the tail of summer wagging in the near future and I don’t want to miss one minute that they want to spend with me.
My kids have different work schedules so they are rarely all free at the same time. I try to be available for whatever they want to do.
- Kerry and I went shopping, buying very little but having a good time together.
- Katie and I swam with Kelsey and one of the girls she nannies over the summer.
- Kerry and I have spent lots of time preparing for this weekend’s garage sale.
- The family went to a movie.
- Kelsey and Caleb have dropped over for late afternoon visits and stayed for supper.
- We’ve all shared lots of conversation on the deck with coffee or Diet Coke.
Nothing spectacular, but precious time that will be over soon.
And now I’m giving you permission to sideline anything that can wait a few more weeks and lean in on your relationships with your kids. I know by now kids of any age can drive you crazy. But soon we’ll be back to the daily schedule and summer’s opportunities to play and hang out will be over for another year.
Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Brenda is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ministry Leadership with a Concentration in Women’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Gene, are the parents of three young adult daughters and live near Metamora, IL.