In the past few hours I have talked with women dealing with:
- Financial issues.
- Parenting issues.
- School issues with their children.
- Marriage issues.
All of these conversations in a short period of time show me that daily we, women of God in this 21st century, have many battles to fight and hard things to deal with. We need courage. We need to be brave.
I’ll be talking on the topic of bravery this weekend at the Round Lake Women’s Retreat. Here are a couple of things I learned while preparing for this group of fabulous women:
- Our brave comes from God and God is trustworthy.
- God calls us all to be brave—where we are and who we are.
- When our deepest desire it to please God, our fear of others decreases until it disappears.
- The intensity of your desire to live for God will drive you to pray, because relationship with God is the only thing that will give you peace, joy, comfort, and security.
If you need to be brave today, I pray these words will encourage you and drive you into the loving, trustworthy arms of God.
Drop me a note and tell me how you experienced brave that comes from God.
Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Brenda is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ministry Leadership with a Concentration in Women’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Gene, are the parents of three young adult daughters and live near Metamora, IL.